Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rock Lobster

Another end to another Sunday...got some shit accomplished...would have like to have gotten a lot more...but it is what it is at this point. My husband is a hard working do whatever it takes at all  costs to get the job done kind of worker...at his job. At  home.. he is a ...I said I'll do it, but if you keep bugging me about it you can forget about it until you scream at me, and I'll  get pissed that you would talk to me like a child so I will sit and play my golf game til I feel vindicated ...then I''ll do what you asked me to do... in secret... so later on when I feel like you owe me an apology and you don't because you think I didn't do what you wanted  I'll throw it in your face...kind of husband. But that's okay...I am a passive aggressive martyr that will keep it all in til I compile a big enough list in my head to score big... kind of wife. We are having a BBQ next week for my daughter's and friend's b-day and my back yard looks like an episode of Sanford and Son...there is so much crap back there it's beyond ridiculous. I was hoping to really make a dent today... we got some shit cut back, but really in the grand scheme of things there is a lot more to be done. He tells me I am expecting too much and there is no reason to have to do all that for a BBQ and it's never gonna look like the fucking Taj Mahal...which frankly is okay by me...I much prefer the look of an English Country House, thank you. I have to be grateful he did anything though...it is his only day off and he would much rather be in the living room playing his stupid Tiger Woods golf game while on speaker phone with his two brothers (we'll revisit that at a later time) than outside again in the heat working....but that being said ...  I would much rather be in a jacuzzi filled with Bon Bons, drinking coffee and  getting massaged by Ryan Gossling all whilst watching my soaps without the kids..but we all know that doesn't fly either. So in the heat he goes. I thought I would be a good supportive wife and try to help out spraying off the deck while the kids were in the kiddie pool...that didn't last long...he took over...so I had no choice but to sit my ass in the kiddie pool and hang with the girls. I gotta tell you...this kiddie pool thing isn't so bad. It cools me off, keeps the kids relatively in one place....don't have to chase the baby...so it pretty much works out to be somewhat relaxing! Relaxing... minus the 200 times I had to tell the kids " calm the fuck down or go to bed!"...and the dog that kept running away all day and the neighbors bringing her back to the yard and me sitting there poolside in my tank and cut offs for the whole world to see...oh, and minus the baby SHITTING on the deck.... and the flies that followed....and definitely minus the sunburn!! Relaxing. I got such a bad fucking sunburn today....right down to my boobs! I 'm  a redhead...you'd think I would have learned by now that sitting directly in the sun  high noon is not that great of a plan....... I have blisters and the chills and for some reason no one can walk past me tonight with out rubbing up against my shoulders...funny how that happens...wonder if it would be funny if the next person to graze my charred flesh got drop kicked through the wall? ...probably not so much.  So , for now..I'm gonna self medicate...Blue Bunny double chocolate ice cream cones...at least 3...just  to be sure...I should feel better by morning....if not...I have a hidden Chunky Bar in my drawer that is sure to do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment